Open Chunky Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
A scrumptious open sandwich with a creamy paneer and vegetable filling that kids will love. Boost the protein-loaded delicacy with an abundant dose of love, and this makes the ideal evening snack for your children!
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Baking Time: 10 Minutes
- Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped coloured capsicum (red , yellow and green)
- 1/4 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped and boiled carrots
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- salt and to taste
- 4 medium sized round bread buns
- butter for grilling
For The Garnish
- A few sprigs of parsley
For the chunky vegetable filling
- Heat the butter in a broad pan, add the capsicum, corn, green peas and carrot, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Cut each roll into half and scoop out the centre portion from the bottom.php half.
- Brush each bottom.php roll with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes.
- Reheat the filling and stuff each roll with a portion of the filling.
- Serve immediately garnished with a sprig of parsley.
- We are using only the bottom.php portion of the bread roll for this recipe. You can cut the top portion into small cubes and toast them in an oven
- till crisp. Store in an air-tight container and use as croutons in soups.