Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe With Basil
We love cheesy garlic bread, but don’t like it to be overly greasy. Our recipe makes garlic bread with crisp edges with a soft buttery center. There’s lots of garlic and just enough cheese to make it extra delicious. We also add fresh basil for an extra pop of color and flavor.
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Total Time : 25 mins
- 1 (14 ounce) baguette ( bread loaf)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (13 grams) packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F (177 degrees C).
2. Smash each garlic clove with the flat side of a knife then remove the skin and discard. Now, mince the garlic finely. Add an 1/8 of a teaspoon of salt then use the flat side of the knife to press and push the garlic and salt across the cutting board, turning it into a paste.
3. Stir the garlic paste, room temperature butter, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and the chopped basil together to make a soft spread.
4. Next, using a bread knife, slice the baguette in half, making two baguettes. Then, slice each baguette in half crosswise (or horizontally). You should now have quarters.
5. Then, spread the butter mixture over the cut-side of each bread quarter.
6. Place them cut side up onto an ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake the cheesy garlic bread 10 to 15 minutes or until the bread is golden around the edges and the cheese has melted. Then, turn the oven to broil and broil 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and turns golden brown.