Veggie Topped Garlic Bread Recipe
Very nice Veggie Topped Garlic Bread Recipe
- Preparation Time: 25 mins
- Cook : 5 mins
- Ready in: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, cubed
- 1 courgette, cubed
- 1 medium tomato – peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 French baguette
- 4 teaspoons garlic granules
- 6 teaspoons butter, softened
- Place olive oil and garlic in a large frying pan. Fry (stirring occasionally) over a medium heat until the garlic is golden brown; approximately 2 minutes.
- Add aubergine and courgette to the frying pan, fry until the aubergine is brown and tender; approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato chunks to the frying pan, stir the mixture until the tomato becomes a pulp. Mix in salt, oregano and basil. Stir the entire mixture for an additional 2 minutes, then remove pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Slice the bread into 12 thick slices. Distribute garlic granules and butter evenly over the top of each slice. Place the slices directly onto the oven rack (do not use a baking tray, the bread will get crisper this way). Let the bread heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and arrange them on a serving platter. Spread the vegetable mixture over the 12 bread slices, distribute the topping as evenly as you can. Serve immediately.