Russian Sandwich (Low Calorie) Recipe
This low-calorie version of the ever-popular russian sandwich will surely turn out to be a pleasant surprise for you. The sandwich has been transformed into a nearly fat-free snack by making use of low-calorie mayonnaise. This sandwich can be prepared in a jiffy once you return from your evening stroll or workout.
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 brown bread slices
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped and boiled vegetables
- (carrots, cabbage, green pea, cauliflower, potatoes, french beans)
- 1/2 cup low-calorie mayonnaise
- 4 tsp thick low-fat curds (dahi)
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp mustard (rai/ sarson) powder
- salt and powder to taste
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of the stuffing evenly over it.
- Sandwich using another bread slice on it and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices and stuffing to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich in 2 pieces and serve immediately.