Paneer Open Sandwiches (Low Calorie) Recipe
Paneer open toasted sandwiches, a zesty topping comprised of low-fat paneer and vegetables adds spice to nutritious whole wheat toasts. A great teatime snack providing nearly 138calories for two sandwiches, these are best accompaniment by a hot, sugar-free beverage!
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Baking Time: 6 minutes
- Baking Temperature: 200ºC (400ºF)
- 4 whole wheat slices , toasted
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- For The Topping
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 to 2 green chillies , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat paneer
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
Method For the Topping
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger and garlic and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum, green chillies, turmeric powder and black salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the paneer, coriander, mint leaves, lemon juice and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
How to Proceed
- Remove the sides of the toasted breads, spread 1 tsp of tomato ketchup and top with a portion of the topping.
- Grill in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for a minute. Serve hot.