Bread pizzas are a quick do-it-yourself alternative for regular pizzas. Since most of the ingredients for this open sandwich are common and readily available, you can prepare it quickly any time you want. Just make sure you bake it to perfection and devour it fresh!
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Makes 8 servings
- 8 white bread slices , lightly buttered
- 1 cup grated mozzrella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves , (optional)For The Tomato Sauce
- 4 large sized tomatoes
- 2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
- 4 to 6 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic (lehsun) cloves , chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 2 tbsp tomato puree (optional)
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil or
- salt to taste
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water.
- Peel, cut into quarters and deseed the tomatoes.
- Chop finely and keep the tomato pulp aside.
- Heat the olive oil, add the bay leaves and pepper and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, garlic and capsicum and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce reduces a little.
- Add the tomato purée, ketchup, sugar and salt and simmer for some more time.
- Finally, add the dried oregano and mix well. Remove the bay leaves and peppercorns and discard. Keep aside.
How to Proceed
- Toast the bread slices in a pre-heated oven at 175°c (350°f) till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Spread some tomato sauce over each slice.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and then the basil leaves.
- Grill in an oven at 175°c (350°f) till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.